- I get an error when trying to activate PaintShop Pro 2018
- I’ve just upgraded to Ultimate and the activation isn’t working
- I’ve upgrade from PaintShop Pro Essentials 2018 to Pro and the activation doesn’t seem to work
- Entering my new SN causes an error when trying to activate
There are a number of reasons for this issue to happen. All of these can be resolved by uninstalling the current version of PaintShop Pro and reinstalling the version that you upgraded to.
*** Before you start, make sure you have your confirmation email with your new serial number and download link. You can save a little bit of time by download the new installer while you uninstall your old version.
How to Uninstall Corel PaintShop Pro 2018
- Go to the Control Panel by typing “Control Panel” in the Windows search box
- In the Programs section, click on Uninstall a program
- From the list, find Corel PaintShop Pro 2018
- Right-click on PaintShop Pro 2018 and select Uninstall/Change
- Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall. Make sure to select any options that are related to removing PaintShop pro.
If the above steps failed, use the PSP2018_Cleanup zip file that can be found here