If you are unable to install AfterShot Pro to Linux Ubuntu using Software Center, you can try performing a Terminal installation using the instructions below.
- The Unity desktop environment is not supported for version 16.10 or later. Please upgrade or use a different desktop environment.
- If you haven’t launched your Ubuntu system in awhile, there might be a delay before you can install with Software Center or Terminal (installations won’t work until the update cycle for the OS is complete).
Terminal installation instructions for Ubuntu 16.10 or later (*No Unity desktop)
- Download the file that you want to install (for this example, we will use AfterShotPro3-system-QT.deb).
- Click Activities in the upper left corner of the screen.
- In Search, type Terminal.
- Click the Terminal icon.
- In the Terminal window, type the following commands:
- $ cd ~/Downloads
- $ sudo dpkg -i AfterShotPro3-system-QT.deb
- $ sudo apt install -f