This article involves editing the Windows registry. When working with the registry, a backup should be completed. This article from Microsoft describes how to backup the registry: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-back-up-and-restore-the-registry-in-windows-855140ad-e318-2a13-2829-d428a2ab0692
In some cases, Wordperfect's default installation may become corrupt or damaged preventing the application from launching, or working properly. This document will restore factory defaults through a two-part process of renaming Wordperfect's registry entries and configuration files.
To restore the product to its factory defaults follow the instructions listed below:
First, make sure that all WordPerfect Office programs are closed. This is very important. If any of them are open, the reset process will not work as expected.
Part 1: Reset the WordPerfect Office registry entries:
1. Click Start
2. In Search, type Regedit
3. In the search results, click Registry Editor.
4. If you do not see only four or five items listed on the left:
4.1 Press the left arrow on your keyboard repeatedly until you only see "Computer"
4.2 Double click on Computer to expand it.
5. Double click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER
6. Double click on Software
7. Right click on Corel and choose "Rename" from the context menu.
8. Type "Corel-old". If there is a Corel-old, you can use Corel-Old-1, etc.
9. Press Enter on your keyboard to save the change.
10. Repeatedly press the left arrow key until you only have the Computer and the five HKEY items listed.
11. Close the Registry Editor
Part 2: Reset the WordPerfect Office configuration files
1. Click Start
2. In Search, type %appdata% and press Enter. This will open the Application Data folder.
3. Right click on Corel and choose Rename from the context menu.
4. Type "Corel-old" and press enter to save the change.
4a. NOTE: If Corel-old already exists, you can use another name like Corel-Old-1, etc.
5. Close the Application Data Folder
When you reopen any WordPerfect Office program, it will now be at factory default. You will be prompted to register. Our system will realize it's a duplicate and will not register you twice though.