Please note: Make sure you have your Windows install disc before starting.
- Insert your Windows install disc (bootable) and restart the computer to boot from the disc.
Note: You may need to change your system BIOS (usually by hitting the ""Delete"" Key or one of the Function keys on top of your keyboard) to boot from CD-ROM.
- Press any key to start Windows Setup from your Windows install disc.
- At the Welcome to Setup screen, press the ""R"" key to repair Windows.
- Press the number key to select the Windows user (usually by pressing the ""1"" key).
- The console will ask for Administrator's password. Type your administrator password and press ""Enter"".
- Copy the ntldr and ntdetect.com files located on the disc to C:\ drive (root).
Example: At the command prompt screen, type each command listed below and press the ""Enter"" key. The example will copy files from the windows installation disc in drive E:\ to the local hard drive C:\. The drive letter may be different on your computer.
copy E:\i386\ntldr c:
copy E:\i386\ntdetect.com c:
- Eject the disc. Type ""Exit"" and press ""Enter"" to reboot the computer.
- Windows should be able to start up and allow you to login.
- Now you will need to create a boot.ini file and save it to C:\ drive.
a. Open Notepad (Go to Start->All Programs->Accessories->Notepad).
b. Copy and paste the text below into Notepad. (Note: The numbers like (0) or (1) should be adjusted if Windows is not installed on the first partition of the first hard disk.)
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS=""Microsoft Windows XP Professional"" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
c. Save the file as boot.ini to C:\ drive. Make sure that the .txt extension is not appended to the boot.ini file name.
- Restart the computer.
Important: After installing Easy Media Creator 10, it is recommended to run software manager for any available updates to prevent the issue such as ""NTLDR is missing"" from re-occurring.
a. Install Easy Media Creator 10.
b. When prompted to restart your computer, click ÒNoÓ.
c. Go to Control Panel and then double click on Software Update.
Note: You may need to click ÒSwitch to Classic ViewÓ to find Software Update.
d. Place a checkmark on ÒRoxio Easy Media Creator 10.0 UpdateÓ and click Install.
e. Restart your computer after the patch installation is completed.