Please Note: Due to the DRM settings in a Windows Media Audio file, Sound Editor cannot open them for editing. However, Sound Editor can convert other files formats to the WMA file format.
- Open Sound Editor.
- Double click on the Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 icon on the desktop.
- Click on the Audio Central icon.
- On the bottom right hand side of the Audio Central window there are five icons in a row. Click on the fourth icon to open Sound Editor.
- Converting the audio file.
Note: Sound Editor is able to open and convert to the following file formats: RXS, WMA, WAV, MP3, OGG.
- Click File on the top left hand corner of the window, then select Open Track....
- This will display the Open Audio Track window. Go to the location on your hard drive where the file is located and highlight it by left clicking on it, then click the Open button.
- Click File on the top left hand corner of the window, then select Save track As....
- A Save As window will appear. Choose the location on your hard drive where you want to save the file to and type in a file name.
- Click the down arrow beside the Save as type option and choose the file format you want to convert the file to. If applicable, choose the appropriate options under the Encoder section.
- Once you have selected all options, click on the Save button to save the file.
- You will now have a new converted file at the location you specified.