Hollywood FX Plus, Pro, and Mega were available from the Studio 7 to Studio 9 timeframe. Discs obtained from Studio 9 and earlier are not intended for use in Studio 12 and higher. This FAQ details a workaround to get these discs to work. This is an unsupported procedure and should be regarded "as is".
If at some point you have purchased Hollywood FX 4.xx or 5.xx (Plus, Pro, or Mega) and the appropriate transitions are missing from the Studio 12 or 14 transition list, you can follow these steps to get the transitions into Studio.
- Studio 12 and 14 do not include the Hollywood FX Volumes, so you have then to first download and install the Studio 11 Bonus DVD which does contain the volumes. Download the Studio 11 Bonus DVD.
- Run the Content Transfer Wizard and install content from Studio 11.
- Install the Studio 11 Bonus DVD.
- Run the Content Transfer again and follow the steps.
- Locate your previous Hollywood FX serial number for Plus, Pro or Mega.
- Open Explorer and go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Pinnacle\Content\HollywoodFX\ and double-click on HfxSerial.exe
Just in case you do not find it there, try at: C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Hollywood FX For Studio\6.0\ and double-click on HfxSerial.exe
Or you may be able to go to: Start - Programs - HollywoodFX For Studio - Enter your HollywoodFX serial.
- Enter the serial number that came with the Hollywood FX software and press OK.
- Launch Studio to verify that the transitions are unlocked.
These steps work with both Windows XP and Windows Vista.
NOTE:In Studio 10 and higher, the terminology, Hollywood FX Plus, Pro and Mega is no longer used but the effect packs of these items are listed as part of Volume 1.
Hollywood FX Plus is equivalent to about 2/3 of the packs that make up Hollywood FX Vol 1.
Hollywood FX Pro and Mega are equivalent to Hollywood FX Vol 1.