There are 3 ways to open a digital video file. In all 3 cases it is required to first go to the Edit mode. Once in Edit mode, select the icon that looks like a video camera:
After this is done, any of the three following methods will import a video file:
- Select the file name on the dropdown list when the Video Scenes section is in Scenes mode.
- Double-click a file listed in the album when in Files mode.
- Click the browse for file button and use the Open dialog to locate a digital video file of any supported type on the hard drive.
More information in file import can be found in chapter 3 of the manual.
What files can Studio 11 import?
Studio 11.0 and higher can import the following video file formats with the allowable extensions for each format noted in parenthesis:
- AVI Files - (.avi)
- MPEG Files - MPEG-1, MPEG-2 SD & HD, and MPEG-4 - (.mpg, .mpeg, .mod, .mp2, .mp4, .m2ts, .mts, .m1v, m2v. mpv) - HD file import requires Studio Plus or Ultimate Version 11
- WMV Files - (.wmv)
- DIVX - (.avi)
- MOD (JVC Everio cameras) - (.mod)
- 3GPP Files - (.3gp)
- AVCHD - (.m2ts, .mts) - Requires Studio Plus or Ultimate Version 11.
Note: Studio 11 does not support DVR-MS Files.