I have to remove the trial version in order to install the boxed version.
Completely removing PaintShop Photo Pro X3
I received an error (error 1706 e.g.) while installing the first time and PSPPX3 is listed in Programs and Features in the Control Panel.
Before you remove and install a program, patch or update, you have to log in as administrator. The only way to get full administrator access on Vista/Windows 7 is by turning off the User Account Control and right-click on a program, patch or update and go to "Run as Administrator". Otherwise, you will have problems working properly on your system.
Windows 7: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/Turn-User-Account-Control-on-or-off
Before you uninstall a program, please check whether you have installed the program as a user or an administrator.
You will not find some parts of the program if you are logged in as an user but installed the software with your administrator account.
1. Download the Clean up Utility in order to remove PSP X3; after the download, unzip the file then run the program.
2. Go to Start - Control Panel - Add or Remove Programs (XP)/Programs and Features (Vista/Windows 7) and remove PSPPX3
3. Go to Start - Control Panel - Folder options - View and activate Show hidden Files and Folders.
4. Go to "C:\Program Files" and delete the folders "Corel" and "Ulead Systems", then go to "C:\ProgramData\Corel (Vista/Windows 7)" and delete the folder "Corel" (respectively "Paint Shop Photo Pro", "Messages" and "Ulead Systems")
XP: Go to
C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USERNAME\Application Data
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\
Vista/Windows 7: Go to
and delete the folder "Corel" (respectively "Paint Shop Photo Pro" and "Messages")
XP: C:\My Documents
Vista/Windows 7: C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\
and delete "My Corel-Shows" and "My PSP Files"
Every program leaves keys in the Registry which need to be removed when removing the program. Before you work in the registry, please make a backup copy by exporting the Registry first. If you make a mistake, you can then import the registry again.
Attention: If you have several Corel programs on your machine, please make sure that you carry out all the following instructions only for the program that you wish to remove.
Go to Start - Run and type "regedit" and press "Enter".
If you work with Vista/Windows 7, type "regedit" in the Search box and press Enter.
Open the following keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the folder "Corel"
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ and delete the folder "Ulead Systems" or
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Ulead Systems\ and delete the folder "Corel PaintShop Photo Pro"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the folder "Corel"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ and delete the folder Ulead Systems or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Ulead Systems\ and delete the folder "Corel PaintShop Photo Pro"
Please note that Windows 7 64bit puts the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE keys for 32bit Software into a special folder called, Wow6432Node".
Close the Registry
6. Launch the computer as administrator and disable antivirus software. Now, install PSP X3 again.
Before installing, disable the Firewall and Antivirus software!
Keywords: PSPX3, PaintShop Photo Pro X3, PSP X3, uninstall, remove, tool