Before proceeding, you will need to temporarily disconnect your computer from the internet before attempting to register. In this procedure, you will need to select the 'Register by Phone' option and enter your product's serial number when it prompts you for the registration code. Refer to the following Knowledgebase article for the related information.
Registration Steps for PaintShop Pro X5
Note: The following steps are for more advanced Windows users and are not recommended for those who are not familiar with the Windows registry. Any failed attempts with the following steps could result in damage to the Windows registry which will cause not only issues with any installed software, but with Windows as well.
Step 1: Accessing Run Command.
1. Launch Run command from Charms bar by typing 'Run' (without the quotes) or by pressing Windows key and R at the same time in desktop mode.
2. Type: regedit
3. Press Enter or click Ok.
Step 2: Creating backup for current Windows Registry.
This part involves modifying the Windows Registry. It is highly recommended that you backup your system's registry before proceeding with this steps:
1. Highlight 'Computer'in the Left Panel.
2. Click File | Export.
3. Save File to desktop on in your preferred directory.
4. Name it: registry_(today's date) Example: registry_08282013
5. Click Save and then wait for Windows to save the Registry file
Step 3: Modifying registry entry.
1. In the left panel, go to the following folder:
Windows Vista, 7, 8
2. Once the pppc folder is selected, right-click on Schedule then Modify Binary
3. Type in the following: