To address the issue, please make sure that the DVD XPACK Decoder has been downloaded and installed successfully. The product is a plugin that will be automatically embedded within your Windows Media Player.
To check if the DVD XPACK Decoder has been installed, please follow these steps:
(1) Launch or open Windows Media Player
(2) On the Classic Menu, click on the Tools tab.
(3) Mouse hover the Plugins option which will show the Corel XPack Settings
If it does not show the Corel XPack Settings, that means it has not been installed. Please check if the DVD XPACK Decoder is in your Programs by going to the Control Panel. Click on the Add or Remove Programs. If you see Corel DVD Xpack, we recommend to select and remove it.
We recommend that you download and install the latest Microsoft Direct X End- User Runtime Web Installer as well as the Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010):
• Microsoft Direct X End- User Runtime Web Installer - http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
• Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
Also, download and install the latest Driver Updates of your Video / Graphics Card, you may refer to the following links:
To verify the specifications of your Video / Graphics Card:
(1) Press and hold the Windows Logo Key + R for the Run dialog box to appear.
(2) Type dxdiag then press Enter
(3) The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will appear.
(4) Click the Display tab and the device information will appear.
For On- Board Video / Graphics Card, we recommend to contact your computer's manufacturer Technical Support for specific latest Driver Updates.
For NVIDIA users, get the latest driver here: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
For AMD-ATI users, get the latest driver here: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
For Intel users, get the latest driver here: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/detect.htm
Please restart your computer after completely removing the software, and installing the updates, for any changes to take effect.
To install the DVD XPACK Decoder, you may need to download and save the DVD XPack Download Link from your Online Purchase or emailed Order Confirmation.
Upon clicking on the product download link, you will be asked to save the file. Click on Save to start downloading the product file. After the download is complete, you will be prompted to run the file. Click on Runto start the installation setup. During the installation, you will be asked to enter your username and Serial Number: Y110R22-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX as well.
After the installation is finished, restart your computer in order to have any changes that were made to take effect.
Check if the product have been installed in Windows Media Player by going back over the same steps provided above. You may try inserting a DVD disc to check if you can already view DVD movies.
However, if the DVD movie will not open or will not playback with Windows Media Player, there may be a problem with the file associations. To check if this could be the issue, please follow these steps:
(1) Right click on a file that is associated with Windows Media Player, e.g. movie.VOB / movie.avi
(2) Select Open with ▸Choose program.
(3) Select Windows Media Player from the list of available programs by clicking it once.
(4) Click the box at the bottom that says Always use this program to open these files
(5) Click OK.
This will associate all files of this type with Windows Media Player. You will need to repeat this procedure for each type of file you would like to have associated with Windows Media Player. These files will also be represented with the Windows Media Player icon.