Change Colors in an Instant Corel® PaintShop Pro™ Photo XI lets you change the colors in your pictures so easily that it seems like magic. With just a few clicks, you can change blue to orange, or brown to bright pink. You can even make a red dress blue, or see whether you look better in green!
What you'll need
- Corel® Paint Shop Pro® Photo XI
- Sample image PSPPXI_01_CC.jpg (download)
When you complete this tutorial, you'll be able to
- Use the Organizer to open a photo
- Change the color of objects in your photos
Open the photo
- Download the PSPPXI_01_CC.jpg image, and save it in your My Pictures folder.
- Once you have the image saved, begin typing the file name PSPPXI_01_CC in the search box at the top of the Organizer. Your collection of image files is automatically filtered.
- Once you find the sample image, double-click the photo to open it in the workspace.
Choose Your Replacement Color
- On the Learning Center palette, click Retouch and Restore, and then click Color Changer. The Materials palette should open automatically (If it doesn't, press F6).
- Click the Foreground swatch to open the Material Properties dialog box. Here, you can choose any new color you want for the girl's coat. Choose a color, and click OK. We chose a royal blue for this tutorial, so you can see how dramatic the change is.
- On the Tool Options palette near the top of your screen, choose the following settings:
- Tolerance Control: 45
- Edge Softness: 2
Note: The higher you set the Tolerance control, the more liberally the color is applied. At lower settings, the color is applied only to areas most closely matching the spot you click when applying the color. A higher Edge Softness setting creates a subtle blend of the new color along the edges of the selection.
Change the Color
- Now, click anywhere on the cloth part of her coat. Don't blink; you might miss the instant change!
- If you decide that you don't like the replacement color you chose, just press Ctrl + Z to undo your choice, and repeat Steps 5-8.
Wasn't that amazing? It's so easy and fun you'll want to try the Color Changer on all kinds of things! Before you paint, take a picture of the room and see how it looks with different colors. You can use the Color Changer on furniture, carpets, and clothes!