Corel® Painter® X3 Top 10 Reasons to Buy
1. A complete digital art studio at your fingertips – With Corel® Painter® X3, you'll gain access to hundreds of brushes, paper textures and media—all of which perfectly emulate real-world art supplies. Experiment and create with watercolors, acrylics, oils, pastels, chalks, pencils, markers and more! Plus, choose from standard brushes or easily develop your own unique brushes. With Painter, you'll have access to your very own virtual studio, all without having to deal with chemical fumes, messy cleanups and costly art supplies.
2. Easily find the perfect brush – Corel® Painter® X3 offers hundreds of unique brushes. Finding and selecting the perfect brush is also incredibly easy thanks to a built-in Brush Search engine. Simply type the name or properties of the brush you have in mind and Painter will find it for you. Combine terms to narrow down your search, plus use the new built-in visual preview to ensure each brush is exactly what you're looking for.
3. RealBristle™ Painting & Wacom tablet compatibility – With Corel® Painter® X3, you can reproduce the movement and feel of traditional media using your tablet and pen. The RealBristle™ system represents a major milestone for digital painting, with the ability to respond to pressure, speed, rotation, tilt and bearing—just like real-life brushes and dry media. Intuitive Multi-Touch Wacom support also allows you to pan, rotate, zoom and more, creating a realistic and immersive digital art experience.
4. Cloning and smart photo-painting tools – Transform photos into paintings using the powerful cloning and photo-painting tools of Corel® Painter® X3. Clone images by hand or let the Auto-Painting palette paint a photo for you using your choice of brush and media. The SmartStroke™ brush technology follows lines and contours in your picture just like a real artist would, creating incredible photo art that will amaze your audience.
5. Exclusive to Painter! Universal Jitter – Want to introduce an element of chance to your work? Now you can with the Universal Jitter feature available only in Corel® Painter® X3. Jitter simulates the random elements and "happy accidents" that can occur when using real-world art media. With Painter you can add Jitter to any brush and adjust it for Opacity, Grain, Size, Feature and Angle. It's the perfect way to add an element of randomness to your work and create more organic, natural-looking art!
6. Perspective Guides – Accurately draw in a one-, two- or three-point perspective using Perspective Guides in Corel® Painter® X3. Simply select your desired vanishing points and set your lines—your brush strokes will automatically snap to the grid while painting! You can also save presets, change the color of your guidelines and add additional guidelines, ensuring realism and accuracy in your work.
7. Exclusive to Painter! Real Watercolor & Flow maps – Corel® Painter® X3 features exclusive technology that lets wet media blend and dry more realistically than any other digital art software on the market. The Real Watercolor tool allows you to control wind direction for drying, plus lets colors interact with the paper grain, changing pigmentation just like colors would with real-world materials. For added effect, use Flow Maps to direct how paint runs and pools on your canvas, adding incredible realism and depth to your work.
8. Reference Image – Corel® Painter® X3 offers an amazing new way to find inspiration, with the ability to open a reference image from directly within the Painter interface. Simply drop your reference image anywhere onscreen without disrupting your workflow, plus you can instantly sample reference colors. Ensure you always have the artistic inspiration you need, while avoiding the hassle of having to keep multiple reference files open on your desktop.
9. Adobe® Photoshop® compatibility – Are you a Photoshop user? No problem! With Corel® Painter® X3 you can easily preserve colors and layers when transferring files between Photoshop and Painter. For added speed and accuracy, you can also select and transform multiple layers at one time in Painter, just like you would in Photoshop. Plus, take advantage of third party Photoshop plug-ins on your Mac and PC* to unlock even more creative options.
- Using a 32-bit Mac and 32-bit/64-bit Windows PC.
10. Mac Painter Memory Manager and PC Memory Optimization – Whether you're a Mac user or a PC user, Corel® Painter® X3 offers powerful optimization that lets you get the most out of your machine. Macs with 64-bit systems will automatically use all available memory when running Painter, while PCs with large amounts of RAM can utilize new software speed enhancements. It's the ideal way for both PC and Mac users to quickly and easily deal with large, memory-intensive tasks.