By default, clipart on the second installation CD is only available to the WordPerfect Scrap Book when the second CD is in the drive.
This document will explain how to move the clipart from the second CD to your hard drive and make it accessible from the Scrap Book.
In order to setup WordPerfect to use clipart from your hard drive follow the steps outlined below:
- Go into My Computer. My Computer is usually on your desktop or in the Windows Start menu.
- Insert the Second CD and click on Exit if the install window appears.
- Right click on the clipart CD ( this is usually labled CD2 ) and left click on Open.
- Click once on the Graphics folder, go up to the Edit file menu and select Copy.
- Close all windows & folders on your screen.
- Go back into My Computer.
- Go into your primary hard drive ( this is usually C:\ ) NOTE: You may receive a warning stating that These Files are hidden. Click on Show the contents of this folder before proceeding.
- Go up to the Edit file menu and select Paste.
- Once Windows has completed copying the files from your CDROM, close all windows & folders on your screen. DO NOT eject your CD-ROM.
- Open WordPerfect.
- Go up to the Insert menu then click on Graphics then select Clipart. This step writes the needed starting information into the registry. See Note
- Close WordPerfect.
- Click on Start and go up to Run. Type regedit into the open box. Click on Ok.
- Click on the + next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- Click on the + next to Software
- Click on the + next to Corel
- Click on the + next to ScrapBook
- Click on the + next toyour version number (10 for WordPerfect Office2002 and 11 for WordPerfectOffice 11, 12, 13 for X3, and 14 for X4)
- Click on the + next to SRB files
- Click once on the yellow folder called supp
- On the right hand side of the screen, double click on value name called Filename.
- The default Value Data value in this example is: D:\graphics\secondary_vXX.srb. The drive letter & version number may differ depending on your setup.(XX will be 10 for WordPerfect Office2002 and 11 for WordPerfectOffice 11, 12, X3 and X4)
- Change the drive letter to match the drive letter of your primary hard drive (typically C:\ ) example: C:\graphics\secondary_vXX.srb (where XX is 10 for WordPerfect Office2002 and 11 for WordPerfectOffice 11, 12, X3 and X4)
- Once you have changed the drive letter, click on Ok.
- Click on the - symbol next to the folder SRB Files. Do the same for the folders 11, ScrapBook, corel & HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
- Close the Windows system registry.
Note: If you have previously opened WordPerfect, you may need to refresh the thumbnails. To refresh the thumbnails:
- Launch WordPerfect.
- Select Insert, Graphics, Clipart.
- Click Options | Update all thumbnails