Adding and deleting media clips in the Library:
To organize the media clips in the Library so you can access assets for your projects with ease and speed. You can also import a Library to restore media files and other library information.
To add media clips to the Library:
- Click Add to create a new library folder where you want to store yourmedia clips.
Note: You can create custom folders to separate your personal clipsfrom sample clips and manage your assets more efficiently or tokeep all clips that belong to a project in a single folder.
- Click Import Media Files to locate your files.
- Select the files you want to import.
- Click Open.
- Click Browse to open the File Explorer where you can drag and drop files to the Library or Timeline.
To delete media clips from the Library
- In the Library, select a clip and press [Delete Delete].Or, right-click the clip in the Library and click Delete. Note: While the clips are referenced in the Library, they actuallyremain in their original location, so when you delete a clip from the Library, only the Library instance is deleted. You can still access the actual file in the location where it is stored.
Note: While the clips are referenced in the Library, they actuallyremain in their original location, so when you delete a clip from the Library, only the Library instance is deleted. You can still access the actual file in the location where it is stored.
- When prompted, confirm that you want to delete the thumbnailfrom the Library.
To automatically locate and restore the link of the files in your library
- Click File > Relink. A message appears that notifies you about the number of clips that are successfully relinked.
Note: If the links to some clips are not restored, you can restorethem manually by browsing for the corresponding file on yourcomputer.
To export a library
- Click Settings > Library Manager > Export library and specify afolder location where you want to save your Library.
- Click OK.
Note: It is recommended that you back up your Library to avoid losing important library information and media clips. This action creates a backup of the virtual media files information of your current library in a directory you specify.
To import a Library
- Click on Settings > Library Manager > Import Library and find thefolder path of the directory you want to import.
- Click OK.
Note: To reset your Library to the default settings, select Settings > Library Manager > Reset Library.
Keywords: how, vsp, x4, x5, import, bring, insert, open, add, remove, delete, restore, library, media, photo, video, audio, clips