CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X6.4 Update
While CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6.4 includes all new features and functionality, please note that this update also includes all of the features and performance/stability improvements from the previous X6.3 Update. In addition, X6.4 will update CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6.3, X6.2 or X6.1.
Please also note that the new and enhanced features found in the X6.4 Update are available only to users with a Premium Membership. Performance and stability improvements, however, are available to both CorelDRAW Standard and Premium Members.
NOTE: All X6.3, X6.2 and X6.1 features and performance/stability improvements are included in the X6.4 Update
The following sections describe the new features and improvements included in the X6.4 Update.
New and enhanced features
Inserting special characters, symbols and glyphs
Now it's easier than ever to find and insert font special characters, symbols and glyphs in CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT. The revamped Insert Character Docker automatically displays all the characters, symbols and glyphs associated with a selected font. You can also now filter fonts so they show a subset of characters. It's a faster, easier way to work with OpenType and other kinds of fonts.
Choosing fonts with Font Playground
Find the perfect font for any project using the new Font Playground found in CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT. This handy docker lets you view sample text in different fonts and sizes. Preview preset text samples, or add your own lines of text. Plus, you can use Interactive OpenType to access OpenType features and apply them to any text sample. It's the easy way to experiment and find just the right font for any project.
Enhanced support for Microsoft SkyDrive
Ensure your CorelRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT work is always right where you need it. Using Corel CONNECT, you can easily sync your trays with Microsoft SkyDrive* and get access to your content from other computers or mobile devices. Enhancements made to this feature also allow you to enable and disable Tray Sync directly from the Tray docker. You can also now view, rename and delete a file or a folder in SkyDrive directly from Corel CONNECT. Plus, save time by copying files and folders directly to SkyDrive simply by dragging or using the Clipboard.
* A valid SkyDrive account is required to use this feature
Improved Font list
Now it's easier than ever to work with fonts in CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT. The appearance of font names, including the names of small fonts, is now clearer in the Font list box. Fonts are now grouped by family name, helping you to navigate and find fonts quickly an easily. Plus, you can change the size of the font names in the Font list box to suit your needs.
Insights from the Experts
CorelDRAW users can continue to get access to helpful tips and tricks from the pros. The latest Insights from the Experts series includes the new tutorial "Designing a Font" by Mike Adkins. This comprehensive and inspiring tutorial shows you how to create perfect letterforms, from conceptualizing and sketching, to precise node-editing and exporting your finished font.
Premium cloud-based content
The CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6.4 Update includes 500 new photos! When combined with the content offered in the X6.1, X6.2 and X6.3 Updates, that means Premium Members will get exclusive access to a total of:
- 1500 photos
- 95 interactive text frames
- 95 interactive PowerClip frames
- 65 vector patterns
- 50 bitmap patterns
- 23 fonts
Enhanced support for digital cameras
In both CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT, you can open and import raw camera files from a variety of new camera models, including:
- Canon A3300 and EOS C500
- Fuji XS50, X20, X100S, and SL1000
- Olympus XZ-10
- Samsung NX300
Performance and stability
The following areas feature performance and stability improvements (formerly released as service packs).
- Transparency merge modes are correctly retained in objects that are converted to bitmaps.
- The Vignette bitmap effect works as expected on transparent bitmaps in CorelDRAW.
Color and color styles
- Color harmonies can be edited by using harmony rules and adding spot colors.
- CorelDRAW no longer stops responding when color styles from two documents are merged or after other operations related to color styles.
- Color styles can be converted to spot colors, preserving the original tint.
- When color styles are converted to grayscale and then to spot colors, the final results are no longer white spot colors.
- Unrecognized spot colors no longer cause slow performance.
Importing and exporting files
- Merge modes in fills and transparencies are reproduced correctly in documents that are saved as bitmaps.
- Adobe Illustrator (AI) files that contain mesh fills with merge modes applied are now imported properly.
- Dimension lines in imported Micrografx Designer 9 files are displayed correctly.
- Exporting only selected objects to an Encapsulated PostScript (EPS) file no longer results in a multipage file.
- Filenames (titles) are preserved in exported PDF files.
- CorelDRAW no longer stops responding when exporting a document that contains perspective lenses to a PDF file.
- Bullets that use the font CommonBullets are preserved in exported PDF files.
- When exporting to a PLT/HPGL file, the last used pen library remains selected on the Pen page of the HPGL exportdialog box for future export operations.
- Adjustment effects such as Brightness/Contrast/Intensity, Gamma, Color Balance, work as expected when applied to vector objects.
- Updating text in certain files from older versions no longer changes the text font attributes.
- The Fit Text to Path feature works as expected. If a text string is longer than the path, the characters no longer fall off the path.
- CorelDRAW no longer stops responding when trying to bring up the Edit Text dialog box for text frames that contain empty lines or when opening files that contain cloned text.
Opening and saving files
- Arrowheads in CorelDRAW (CDR) files saved to version 12 are preserved.
- CorelDRAW no longer stops responding when opening certain files from older versions.
- Hyperlinks are preserved in saved files.
- CorelDRAW no longer stops responding when printing files that contain imported EPS files.
- Disabled colors do not appear in the final output when you print color separations.
- CorelDRAW no longer stops responding when double clicking a control arm of a pattern fill with the Interactive Fill tool.
- When working with a custom workspace, you can use the Alt key with the Polyline tool to draw circular arcs.
- Selecting and deleting nodes with the Shape tool in certain files no longer causes the application to stop responding.
- Mask feathering works as expected.
- You can choose different anti-aliasing settings for text from the property bar.
- Undocking the Connect docker no longer results in duplicated tray content.