1. Create a new image (File ▸ New)
24-Bit RGB, white background, 500x300 pixels, 300 dpi.
2. Create text using a thick square font such as Impact
- set size to 36 points
- select a color
- center the text in the middle of the document using the Pick tool
3. Fill the Text with a stone texture.
- Select the Fill tool in the Toolbox
- Select Bitmap fill and click on Edit fill and select a wood pattern.
4. In the Objects docker, right click on the text layer and select Create Mask from Objects
5. Go to Effects ▸ 3D effects ▸The Boss
6. In The Boss dialog box, select the Edge tab and set the following parameters:
Drop off: Flat
7. Select the Lighting tab and set the following parameters:
8. Click OK.