Adding Audio Files
- Launch Sound Editor.
- In the Add to Project pane, click Add Audio File.
- In the Media Selector dialog box, browse your computer for audio files using the tabs at the upper-left of this dialog box. Select the audio file you want to use, and then click OK. The selected audio file is shown in the Clip Editor pane.
Selecting the waveform region for editing
You can apply an edit or effect to an entire audio clip or to a selected part of a clip.
- To select an entire clip, choose Edit -> Select All.
- To select a part of a waveform, click and drag your mouse cursor from the beginning of the selection to the end. Your selection is highlighted on the waveform.
- To delete a clip or part of a waveform:
- Select the waveform region you want to delete.
- Choose Edit -> Delete.
- To copy a clip or part of a waveform:
- Select the waveform region you want to copy.
- Choose Edit -> Copy.
- Move the playback cursor to the location to which you want to copy the waveform region, and choose Edit -> Paste.
- To move a clip or part of a waveform:
- Select the waveform region you want to move.
- Choose Edit -> Cut.
- Move the playback cursor to the location to which you want to move the waveform region, and choose Edit -> Paste.
Saving Your Project
- To save your project:
- Select File -> Save Project.
- Choose the folder in which you want to save the project, specify the file name, and click Save.
- To export your audio clip:
- Right-click the audio clip in the Project View pane and select Export Current Clip.
- In the Export Current Clip dialog box, select one of the output settings.
- In the Save Totext box, specify the folder in which you want to save the file, or click Browse to search for a folder.
- In the File name text box, specify the name of the exported file.
- Click Export.