For AVCHD files:
1. In VideoStudio, create your project and then click on "Create File".
2. Click on the option "Custom" and choose the file format "m2t" from the drop-down list.
3. Switch to the Compression tab and change the Audio type to “3/2 (L,C,R, SL,SR)”. With the check box “AVCHD” you can choose whether you want AVCHD or Blu-ray. If it is unchecked the format will be Blu-ray.
For Blu-ray files:
1. Go to "Settings" and then choose the option "Make Movie Templates Manager".
2. Click “New” to create a new profile, select “*.m2t” as the file format and give the template a name.
3. In the Compression tab, select the Audio type “3/2 (L,C,R, SL,SR)”, uncheck the “AVCHD” box and click on OK to create a Blu-ray with 5.1ch (H.264) compression.
4. To create a file with MPEG2 compression, uncheck the “AVCHD” box and change the video format to “MPEG2”
To see this article with screenshots, please download the attached pdf file.