Here are the instructions for manually removing Corel Home Office from your computer. Use the Control Panel
1. Open your Windows Control Panel, and select Add/Remove Programs (in Vista and Windows 7 it is called Programs and Features.)
2. Select Corel Home Office from the list.
3. Click on Remove or Uninstall.
NOTE: If this step fails, proceed to the next step.
4. Restart the computer.
Delete the Program Files and Folders
This step removes any files or folders that might have been left behind after the previous steps. It is advised that you remove all the folders listed. If a folder appears on the list but not on your computer, proceed to the next folder in the list. Using Windows Explorer remove the following folders:
C:\Program Files\Corel Home Office
C:\Program Files (x86)\Corel Home Office
Once the above files are removed: *Windows XP only.
Click on Start | Run, type in %appdata% and click OK.
*Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Click on Start | All programs | Accessories | Run, type in %appdata% and click OK.
This will bring you to the application data folder. Remove the “CorelHomeOffice” folder.
Remove the Registry Entries This section involves modifying the Windows Registry. It is recommended that you back up your registry before proceeding with this step. Follow the instructions MSKB 322756 for more information about the Windows Registry.
*Windows XP only.
1. Click on Start and select Run
*Windows VISTA and 7 only.
1. Click on Start, All Programs, Accessories and select Run
2. In the Open box, type REGEDIT
3. Click on the OK button.
4. Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
5. Remove the following folders:
- • Ability 5.0
• Corel Calculate
• Corel Show
• Corel Write
6. Repeat the step above in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE
7. Close the registry editor.
8. Restart the computer.