Working with AVCHD in Pinnacle Studio 16
When editing an AVCHD production, project complexity has a major impact on how the system performs. Please take note of the following when working with AVCHD projects:
- When importing AVCHD clips, thumbnails may take longer to render than thumbnails from other SD and HD codecs
- When adding transitions between AVCHD clips, a preview may not be seen until background rendering has completed.
- When using Montage themes or when adding a picture-in-picture effect (using an overlay track), a preview may not be seen until background rendering has completed. An exclamation point in the Preview window may appear, indicating that background render has not yet completed
- AVCHD Motion backgrounds in DVD menus or chapter thumbnails are not recommended when creating a DVD
- Higher performance with
- Low resolution preview (Setup/Control Panel/Preview/Quality = Fastest Playback)
- Background playback optimizationeffects and such will be rendered in the background for optimal performance (Setup/Control Panel/Preview/Background playback optimization = checked).
- Pinnacle Studio utilizes Intel Quick Sync Video which enables higher performance with AVCHD especially on latest Intel multi-core CPUs
Important notice for playback AVCHD discs:
Please do not insert AVCHD discs into any device that does not support the AVCHD standard. The discs may not be ejected or the device may delete data on the disc after displaying a message prompting to reformat the disc.