You can import video (such as specific titles or chapters) from an existing DVD using the Toast media browser. Once imported into Toast, you can then burn to a new DVD, or export into DV, DivX or other formats for re-editing or playback on other devices or systems.
NOTE: This will will not work for copy-right protected or commercial DVDs.
To import video from a DVD:
- Insert the DVD into your drive, mount a DVD disc image, or drag the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVD onto your desktop.
- Launch Toast and select the Video tab and choose DVD-Video in the Formats drawer.
For Toast 9 users: Select the Convert tab and choose VIDEO_TS Folders in the Formats drawer.
- Click on the Media tab in the drawer and choose DVD from the pop-up.
Content from any DVD in your drive or on your desktop will be displayed in a list. The Media Browser can import non-encrypted DVD content, such as discs created in iDVD or Toast, or discs recorded in set-top DVD recorders.
Non-encrypted content will show a small thumbnail image next to it, whereas encrypted content will show a small lock symbol.
- Choose a specific DVD and you will see the titles and/or chapters on the DVD.
- Drag and drop a title or individual chapter into the Toast Video window.
To export video for editing:
- Select one or more titles or chapters that were added into the Toast Videowindow.
- Click on Export at the bottom of the Toast window.
- Choose your desired export format.