To create the VCD/SVCD:
1. Launch Toast
2. Click the "Video" tab
3. Select Video CD or Super Video CD in the disc drawer
Video CD offers good capacity, good quality, and good player compatibility.
Super VCD offers the least capacity, better quality, but least player compatibility.
4. Add the video content to the Toast window.
- There are several ways to do this:
a. Drag the video from its location into the Toast window
b. Select the Add button in Toast to select the video (any video that is grayed out is in a format that is not supported by QuickTime and Toast)
5. You can crop the video or select the button keyframe by choosing the "Edit" button
6. To record the VCD/SVCD press the red record button that is located at the bottom right hand side of the Toast window
Note: VCD's are limited to ~ 70 minutes worth of encoding time and SVCD's are limited to ~ 35 minutes. Not all DVD players can play these discs. If you are experiencing problems, try using a different disc format (e.g., switch from SVCD to VCD) or a different blank media type (e.g., different brand or CD-R vs CD-RW). You should also consult the DVD player's manufacturer for assistance.