CorelDRAW Home & Student Suite X5 Service Pack 1
- You can export large bitmaps by using the Export for Web dialog box without issues.
- You can now open JPEG-compressed TIFF files that were exported from PhotoZoom.
- Stability is improved when you edit curve segments using the Virtual Segment Delete tool, Reduce Nodes and the Fillet/Scallop/Chamfer. Curves edited with these tools werepreviously interpreted as invalid.
- You can change settings in PowerTRACE without encountering issues.
- Pantone colors in the Document palette are saved as Pantone colors not custom spot colors.
- English symbols are placed correctly in Hebrew text.
- When moving a group with Envelope or Perspective effects applied to objects, you will no longer encounter display issues.
- Pasting large amounts of Turkish text into a paragraph text frame no longer crashes the application.
- The Virtual Segment Delete tool recognizes the correct part of the curve to be deleted.
- Mesh fill sizes are maintained when a file is saved to version 14 and re-opened.
- Grey pixels no longer appear when fountain fills with no outlines are converted to bitmaps.
- Convert to Bitmap controls on customized toolbars are enabled and disabled correctly.
- Changing the page resolution no longer impacts the outline thickness that you specify in the Object Properties docker.
- CMYK colors are maintained in mesh fills after grid or intersection settings are changed.
- Anti-aliasing is applied consistently to both objects and text converted to objects.
- Panose font substitution is displayed correctly for files with missing fonts.
- Zooming in and out on a bitmap with transparency no longer crashes the application.
Corel PHOTO-PAINT X5
- The application no longer crashes when you paste captures of your screen (Print Scrn) in new images and use mask tools to create new objects.
- Performing Copy, Paste and Combine with Background tasks sequentially no longer crashes the application.
- The Replace Color dialog box now correctly displays selected colors.
- The application now starts faster when you double-click a .cpt file.
- When you flip an object by dragging, its size is maintained.
- Using the Channels docker with 48-Bit RGB files no longer crashes the application.
- Combining objects using the shortcut key works like the docker or menu command.
Corel CONNECT X5
- Font thumbnails are displayed correctly on Windows Vista and Windows XP.
- DeviceN bitmaps that contain Lab colors generate errors when you use Ghost Script 8.70 or earlier versions. Support of PostScript Level 3 is required for such bitmaps.
- Ghost Script Ver. 9.00 renders Spot colors with overprints incorrectly
- You can delete all color styles in a document with one click. Open the 'Color Styles docker, select the document folder that contains multiple color styles in the Color'Styles docker, and click the new Delete Color Styles button.
- PANTONE PLUSprocess and spotcolor palettes have been included for use in CorelDRAW and Corel PHOTO-PAINT. These palettes are updated versions of the PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM and contain new colorsas well as updated Lab, RGB and CMYK equivalent colors. Files created in the GM version of CorelDRAW Home & StudentSuite X5, and previous versions, will continue to use the colors from the older palettes files so they will have the same appearance when opened in SP2. If you are opening an EPS, PDF, PSD or AI file that has a color included inboththe old and newpalettes, you are prompted to choose which palette you would like to use. You can also set an application preference to use the older or new palettes from Tools>Options>Global>Color.
- The default spot color palette, which is the palette selected on the Palettestab of the Color docker, can now be set on the Color page of the Tools dialog box if you want to use a different palette than the current default.
- Export AI: In order maintain enhanced line styles (created in Corel DESIGNER) in your file, you must select the option Convert Outline to Object in the AI exportdialog box.
- Export AI: To maintain arrowheads in the exported file, lines ending arrowheads must be converted to objects prior to export.
- Very large images are no longer downsampled in the Export dialog boxes
- AI - Full colour pattern fills now export without overprint flag turned on by default.
- AI/PDF/EPS - Spot colors in mesh fills are preserved accurately during import.
- AI - Fills in open curves are preserved in imported files.
- You can now open PDF files containing black-and-white images and save them without encountering a save error.
- PDF - Symbol locations are maintained on export.
- When you have GhostScript installed, ESP files converted to PDF no longer appear blank.
- EPS files converted to PDF files are imported correctly when you have GhostScript installed.
- SVG file sizes have been decreased.
The RAW libraries were updated to support the following new camera models as well as A100 images modified by Sony software.
- Fuji FinePix S200EXR
- Fuji FinePix S5100/S5500
- Kodak Z981
- OLYMPUS E-P2
- Panasonic DMC-G1
- Panasonic DMC-G2
- SONY DSLR-A450
- Canon SX20 IS
- Samsung EX1
- Samsung WB550 and NX10, Casio EX-Z1050, and Fuji HS10/HS11
- Canon EOS 550D / Digital Rebel T2i / Kiss Digital X4
- Samsung WB2000 - Support high-ISO images
- Nikon NRW and Samsung SRW - Read correct camera WB
- Nikon D3100, D7000, P7000
- Panasonic FZ40, FZ100, LX5
- Samsung WB2000
- Nokia X2
- Canon SX120, PowerShot G12
- Hasselblad H4D
- Sony SLT-A33, SLT-A55V
|Application||Version Number of Initial Release||Version Number with Service Pack 1|