CorelDRAW may crash with a Faulting module name: FN3API.dll when trying to open a file
If CorelDRAW is crashing and the Windows Event Viewer shows the crash to have a “Faulting module name: FN3API.dll”, this may be the result of an issue with the Bitstream Navigators font index. CorelDRAW will depend on the font index when a font substitution when a font is not available on a computer to open a file.
To resolve this issue, perform the following steps:
1. Launch the Bitstream Font Navigator
2. Go to File and choose Find Fonts…
3. Select the drives or locations where your fonts are stored
4. Click OK and allow the Font Navigator to build the font index
5. You may now close the Font Navigator and attempt to open your file in CorelDRAW again
If this is your first time using the Font Navigator
The first time you launch Bitstream Font Navigator you will be presented with the wizard outlined below. Follow these steps to build the font index for the first time.
1. Click Next to proceed with the wizard
2. Select the drives or locations where your fonts are stored and click Next
3. Click Finish and allow the Font Navigator to build the font index