"wdvd information service is not ready. Please try again later"
This is due to the Protexis service that WinDVD uses. The error indicates it is either stopped or disabled.
In order to enable the proper service, please follow these steps:
- Hold down your Windows key + 'R' key at the same time to open up a Run command box.
- In the Run box, type in: services.msc and click Ok.
- In the Services window, scroll through the list to find the "Protexis Licensing Service V2" service.
- Double click on the "Protexis Licensing Service V2" service.
- Ensure that the Startup Type is set to "Automatic" and that the Status is "Started".
- If the status is "Not Started", click the "START" button just below the status of the service.
- Click OK.
- Close the services window.
- Launch WinDVD.
Keywords: WinDVD, 2010, wdvd information service is not ready, Protexis