What You Will Learn:
- How to import a photo onto a background as a new layer
- How to use layer opacity settings
Have you ever wondered what you would look like with a tattoo? Or perhaps you have a design and want to see if it would suit you before getting it done. In this tutorial, we will show you how to superimpose tattoo designs over a photograph.
1. First, open your image in PaintShop Pro and make sure that the Edit tab is active.
2. Next, open the image you'll be working with. In this example we have a photo that should work quite well to show how a back tattoo would look after the design has been applied.
3. Open the tattoo design. It's preferable that the design have a transparent background like this PNG file we have of the butterfly.
4. To select the image, go to Selections > Select All or use the key combination CTRL A on your keyboard.
5. Next, hit CTRL C on the keyboard or choose Copy from the Edit menu. 6. Click on the photo and then select Edit > Paste as New Layer. You can then position and resize the image using the Pick tool.
7. After you have positioned the image properly, lower the layer Opacity; this will make the image appear more like a tattoo.
8. Next, use the Eraser tool to remove any parts that should be hidden or overlap the background.
The great part about this is that you can try unlimited styles and if you need to change the design or start over, it's completely painless.
If you have enjoyed this tutorial, be sure to check out the other tutorials that are available in the Discovery Center. ]If you have any ideas for tutorials or projects that you would like to see in the future, please leave us some Feedback."