To manually remove WordPerfect Office 2002 / 10
Here are the instructions for manually removing Wordperfect Office 10 from your computer.
Use the Control Panel
- Open your Windows Control Panel, and select Add/Remove Programs
- Select WordPerfect Office 10 from the list
- Click on Remove (Add/Remove in Windows 98 SE)
- NOTE: If this step fails, proceed to the next step.
- Restart the computer
Use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility
All versions of WordPerfect Office 10 (including trial versions) use Windows Installer Packages (MSI) to install this program to Microsoft Windows. This technology might leave components installed on your machine, and might tell Windows that some components of the program are still installed. Refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article for information on how to aquire, install and use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. Make sure all entries for WordPerfect Office 10 are removed.
Download the attached utility (attached below)
Delete the Program Files and Folders
The Windows Installer Cleanup Utility does not remove any installation files. This step removes any files or folders that might have been left behind after the previous steps. It is advised that you remove all the folders listed. If a folder appears on the list but not on your computer, proceed to the next folder in the list..
Using Windows Explorer remove the following folders and any subfolders that each might have:
- C:\Program Files\WordPerfect Office 10
C:\Program Files\WordPerfect Office 2002
- C:\Program Files\WordPerfect Office 10 Try Before You Buy
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Corel\Shared\Writing Tools\10
Once the above files are removed click on start, run and type in%appdata%choose OK. This will bring you to the application data folder. Double click Corel and remove WordPerfect Office 10
The following folders contain customized information that you might want to back up, but could potentially cause problems if left behind.
- C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Corel\PerfectExpert\EN\12 (NOTE: This folder contains the WordPerfect default template)
- My Documents\CCWin (NOTE: This folder contains the WordPerfect Address Book.)
- My Documents\Corel User Files (NOTE: This folder contains your WordPerfect User Word List and the WordPerfect Projects list.)
- C:\Windows\Corel (NOTE: This folder contains install information for all Corel Products. If you have other Corel Products, like CorelDRAW, Corel PHOTO-PAINT, Corel Painter, etc. do not remove this folder unless you are having problems installing this product due to a conflict.)
Remove the Registry Entries
This section involves modifying the Windows Registry. It is recommended that you back up your registry before proceeding with this step. Follow the instructions MSKB 322756 for more information about the Windows Registry.
- Click on Start and select Run...
- In the Open box, type REGEDIT
- Click on the OK button
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
- If you do not have any other Corel programs, like CorelDRAW, Corel PHOTO-PAINT, Corel Painter, etc. you can delete the entire Corel folder. If you do have other Corel Applications, open the Corel folder and remove the following subfolders:
- WordPerfect Suite
- Repeat the step above in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE
- Close the registry editor
- Restart the computer