After installing Studio Ultimate 16 you may find that the Red Giant Motion Graphics Toolkit plugin: “Knoll Light Factory” is locked. To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Download the file S16-KnollFix.zip. Click here to download the file.
- Unzip S16-KnollFix.zip and extract the file S16-KnollFix.pxm.
- Double-click on S16-KnollFix.pxm. There will not be any sort of notification that anything has occurred, this is normal.
- Open Studio 16 and verify that Knoll Light Factory is now unlocked.
You may notice that some of the Knoll Light Factory presets still have a lock icon on them. This is a thumbnail issue only and these presets should still work. To resolve this thumbnail issue follow these steps:
- Browse to this location:
- Pinnacle Studio 188.8.131.52- C:\Users\(your account user name here)\AppData\Local\Avid\Studio\2.0\EffectDB
- Pinnacle Studio 184.108.40.206 or higher Users - C:\Users\(your account user name here)\AppData\Local\Pinnacle\Studio\16.0\EffectDB
- Locate the file: EffectRepository.xmp
- Rename the file to something like: EffectRepository_old.xmp
- Launch Studio 16 and verify that the lock icon on the presets are gone