This article applies to Pinnacle Studio 16 & Avid Studio
This error can present itself in a few forms. It can be one of the following:
"Writing the required lead-in data has experienced an unknown error. Please insert another disc and press OK to retry."
"Writing the required lead-out data has experienced an unknown error. Please insert another disc and press OK to retry."
"Writing the content to disc has experienced an unknown error. Please insert another disc and press OK to retry."
If any of these errors occur, please try the following to resolve the issue:
1. Update to the latest patch: Click here to download the latest Avid Studio patch.
Click here to download the latest Pinnacle Studio 16 patch .
2. Restart Studio: Shut down Studio and then restart it. Try to create the disc again.
3. Restart the computer: Shut down the computer and then restart it. Launch Studio and try to create the disc again.
4. Create an Image first: Create the disc content first and then burn the disc as a separate step. To begin, click "Create Image" in the Exporter. If this process completes, it is a burn problem and not a render problem. Once the disc image is created, in a second step select "Burn Image" in the Exporter. Studio will prompt you to browse to the disc image folder that you already created and begin to burn. If it still fails, continue to Step5.
5. Always re-encode: In the Exporter click the Advanced button to go to the Advanced Settings. Check "Always re-encode entire movie" and click Apply.
6. Change the preset: If you are using a Custom preset try changing the preset to "Fit to disc" and click Apply.
7. Delete the Render Files: Delete the Render Files by going to Setup > Control Panel. In the Control Panel select Storage Locations. Finally, click the "Delete render files" button. Try and create the Disc again.
8. Media Issues: There could be an issue with the disc media.
a. BLANK MEDIA IN THE DRIVE: Make sure that there blank, disc in the burner.
b. TYPE OF DISC: Make sure that your disc burner supports the media you use. As for any problem with burning a disc, we recommend that you use rewriteable media to reduce the number of wasted discs when they have to troubleshoot a failure while burning. In this case, if you have only used rewriteable media (RW), we would also recommend trying to use a write once (-/+ R) disc and erasing the RW media.
c. BRAND OF DISC: We recommend using a name brand of DVD, i.e. Sony, Memorex, etc. We recommend trying a disc from a different manufacturer to see if the problem is related to the brand of disc that is being used.