This Error is a general Crash error and can come up while installing or using the software. Try the steps below to fix. The fix below will cause Studio to lose all tags, ratings, collections, clip modifications, etc. will be lost and unavailable in Studio if it is ever re-installed.
Reset Pinnacle Studio to default settings:
1. Close Studio.
2. Browse to this location:
- Avid Studio Users - C:Users(your account user name here)AppDataLocalAvid
- Pinnacle Studio 126.96.36.199 Users- C:Users(your account user name here)AppDataLocalAvid
- Pinnacle Studio 188.8.131.52 or higher Users- C:Users(your account user name here)AppDataLocalPinnacle
- Pinnacle Studio 17.0.0/1 Users- C:Users(your account user name here)AppDataLocalPinnacle
- Pinnacle Studio 17.0.2 or higher Users- C:Users(your account user name here)AppDataLocalPinnacle_Studio_17
3. Rename the Studio folder to Studio.old
NOTE: If you cannot browse to this location, you need to enable the option to Show hidden files and folders.
You can show hidden files and folders by going to Control Panel >Appearance > Folder Options then Click the View tab.
- Enable Show hidden files and folders. Click Apply.
4. Re open the software and see if the Error still comes up. Here You can un-check the Watched Folders to improve Studio performance. See the screenshots below:
Pinnacle Studio 16:
Pinnacle Studio 17:
If these steps fail see the Studio Crashing Problems FAQ for further trouble shooting.