If Studio was launching for some period of time and then it stopped launching, it is best to try to determine what changes have been made to the computer recently and undo the changes to see if it has an effect on the problem.
Troubleshooting steps for Studio hangs or crashing while launching (starting)
1. Restart the computer: Try restarting the computer
2. Wait a few minutes: If Avid Studio still won't launch, wait a few minutes to let it finish launching. We have noticed on some computers that it may take a little while for Avid Studio to completely launch.
3. Latest version of Studio: When troubleshooting any problem, it is always best to be on the latest version of the software.
4. Disconnect all capture hardware (if possible or practical):
WEBCAMS: If you have a webcam, try the following:
- Launch Studio with the webcam plugged in
- Launch Studio with the webcam unplugged
If one of these steps works, then the webcam will have to be set every time, so that Studio will be able to be launched.
5. Download and reinstall the driver for the graphics card and sound card: During the Studio software launch process we do check that you have a DirectX compatible graphics and sound card. Download and reinstall the latest version of the driver for the graphics card that is on your system. Many customers have nVIDIA or ATI/AMD graphics cards and the latest driver can be found at:
nVIDIA is at: http://www.nvidia.com
ATI/AMD is at: http://www.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDHomePage.aspx
If you need assistance with this step, please contact the graphics card manufacturer.
6. End background tasks: There are a couple ways to accomplish this. One is to use a Startup Manager. There are many shareware and free ware programs that assist a user in eliminating programs that launch on Startup. Use an Internet search engine such as Google, yahoo, etc to search for "startup managers". We don't recommend/endorse a particular one, but we do suggest you try a couple to see which one works for you and is easy to use.
You can also use the Microsoft System Configuration Utility (MSCONFIG), which is part of Windows, to disable programs that launch at startup of Windows. We recommend disabling all programs and then re-enabling them one at a time until the conflicting program is located.
7. Reinstall: If all of the above fails, you may want to try uninstalling Avid Studio from the Control Panel “Programs and Features” list. Once it is uninstalled, reinstall Avid Studio and try launching again.