Corel® Painter™ 11 Invalid Serial Number after a migration from a G5 Mac to a Snow Leopard using Time Machine
Follow the following procedure to activate your program.
1. Remove the Corel® Painter™ 11 by using Answer ID # 763711
2. Open Macintosh Hard Drive | System | Library | CoreServices | Directory Utility
3. Click the Lock icon and type in your Mac password
4. From the Edit menu, select Enable Root User
5. From the Edit menu Select Change Root Password and type in the new root password
6. Modify the permissions Open Macintosh Hard Drive | Library | Preferences
7. Preferences folder use Keyboard shortcut keys Command+I or Apple +I to "Get Info"
8. Click on the Sharing & Permissions:
9. Click on the Lock and enter your Password
10. Click on Everyone: Read &Write and make sure you have enabled the check mark beside Read & Write to give the required permissions, and then click on the gear drop down arrow and apply to the enclosed items.
11. Keep "Get Info" window open for the Preferences folder so that you can revert the permissions later.
12. Reinstall Corel® Painter™ 11
13. Launch Corel® Painter™ 11, and you’ll be able activated online successfully
14. Repeat Steps # 3, 4, and 5 to Disable Root User, as soon as possible for security reasons.
PS. Note: Please note that after follow these instructions you should disable the root user