To work around this problem, try the following methods.
Method 1: Clean the CD-ROM
Use a soft cloth to gently clean the disc.
Method 2: Change the Memory Settings for Installation
To change the memory settings for installation, follow these steps:
1. Click Start and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type "msconfig" and then click OK.
3. On the BOOT.INI tab, click Advanced Options.
4. In the BOOT.INI Advanced Options dialog box, select the /MAXMEM= check
box, and then change the setting to 256 (or lower if your computer has less RAM).
5. Click OK to close the BOOT.INI Advanced Options dialog box.
6. In the System Configuration Utility dialog box, click Apply.
7. Click OK to close the System Configuration Utility dialog box.
8. Click Restart to the following message:
- You must restart your computer for some of the changes made by System
Configuration to take effect.
After you restart your computer, install Easy CD Creator as a Complete Install.
After you Easy CD Creator, follow steps 1 through 8 to clear the /MAXMEM= check
Method 3: Easy CD Creator by Using a Flat Folder
To install Creator by using a flat folder, follow these steps:
Clean boot your computer. Save a copy of the Easy CD Creator CD-ROM to your computer's hard disk. To do
this, follow these steps:
1. Start Windows Explorer. To do this, right-click Start and then click Explore on the
2. Create a new folder at the root of a hard disk volume, and then name it "Flatfile"
(for example, C:\\Flatfile).
3. Browse to the drive that contains the Easy CD Creator CD-ROM, and then copy
the entire contents of the Easy CD Creator CD-ROM into the C:\\Flatfile folder. To do
this, follow these steps:
a. In Windows Explorer, click the CD-ROM icon (or DVD-ROM icon) containing the
Easy CD Creator CD-ROM.
B. On the Edit menu, click Select All.
C. Paste all the files into the new folder.
- To do this, drag the selected items on the right side of the Explorer window into the
C:\\Flatfile folder on the left.
Note: If you receive the error message "This Folder contains "X" hidden files"
follow these steps:
1. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
2. Click the View tab.
3. Turn on Show Hidden Files and Folders.
4. Turn off Hide Protected Operating System Files.
5. Click Apply, and then click Ok.
Note If there are errors during the copy process, this can indicate problems with the
CD-ROM (media), a dirty CD-ROM drive, or a problem with your hard disk.
Restart your computer the way that you typically do, and then install Easy CD Creator
from the C:\\Flatfile folder onto your hard disk.