Note: capturing video from the internet requires that the video has not been copy protected by the author and is a compatible file format for capture.
To capture and convert video from the internet:
- Open your web browser and navigate to the web video that you want to capture.
- Launch Creator and open Roxio Video Copy and Convert from the Video - Movies tab on the left.
- Under the Add Source pane, click Web Video.
- The Web Video window opens and the first frame of video you have chosen on your browser will appear as a thumbnail with "Loading..." under it.
Tip: You do not need to play the video on your browser as they whole video is being transferred to your computer and the "Loading..." message will disappear when the transfer is complete.
- You can now selected the video(s) you want converted by clicking on the check boxes on the lower left corner of your videos thumbnail. These will appear in the Source pane.
- If you wish to trim your selected video, click on the Trim movie button (film strip with pencil icon) in the Source window.
- Under the Choose Outputpane, select the type of media or device you wish to watch your video on.
- Use the slider directly below the Choose Outputpane to select the file size. The higher the quality, the larger the file size.
Tip: You can manually adjust your quality, file types, and audio quality using the Custom button in the lower right.
- In the Save file to... select or browse to a folder location to save your file(s).
- Select the Go button (green arrow) to start encoding your project.