Note: Before beginning, make sure if you have minimum freehard drive space requirements of 3 GB for Creator 2010 and 2 GB for Creator 2009.
1. Disable your startup applications using MSCONFIG. This will disable any unnecessary background or system tray applications from loading.
- Go to Start -> Run. Type "msconfig" (without quotes) then click OK.
- Select the Startup tab.
- Click the Disable All button.
- Click the Apply button, then click the OK button.
- Click the Restart button.
- To reverse this at the end of installation, go back into MSCONFIG and select Enable All and restart (that can be done once installation is complete).
- Note: Some anti virus/spyware programs may not be disabled using the steps listed above. You may need to check with your anti virus/spyware vendor on how to temporarily disable them.
2. If you are installing from a physical disc, please try to copy the content of the disc to a folder on your hard drive then install from the hard drive. To do this:
- Create a new folder on your Desktop.
- Go to Start -> My Computer, then right-click on the Creator installer disc and selectExplore.
- Select ALL of the files in the installer window and copy to the folder you just created.
- To install from the folder, double click the setup.exe file.
3. If you are installing from downloaded files, please follow the steps below to delete the temporary files then try to reinstall again.
- Go to Start -> Run. Type "%temp%" (without quotes) then click OK. The Temp folder will show up.
- Go to Edit -> Select All.
- Go to File -> Delete.
- Reinstall Creator 2009.