If you install Roxio Gadgets on a system running the 64-bit version of Windows Vista, the graphical user interface will not display properly and is not functional when User Account Control is disabled. Windows Vista has User Account Control enabled by default.
To work around this issue, use one of the following methods:
Enable User Account Control in Windows Vista. For more information about User Account Control and how to enable it click here.
Re-install the Gadgets by performing the following steps:
- Choose Start -> Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Uninstall a Program.
- From the list of programs, select EMC Gadgets64 and then, on the toolbar, click Uninstall.
- Click Yes to confirm the uninstallation. If during the uninstall you are prompted to close applications, choose to automatically close the applications and click OK.
- Wait for the uninstallation to complete. If you are prompted whether to restart Windows, click Yes and wait for the Windows to restart.
- Insert the Easy Media Creator 10 installation disc. If the Autoplay dialog opens, click Open folder to view files. Otherwise, click Start, and in the Search box, type the drive letter type of the disc drive containing the installation disc. Then press Enter.
- Double-click the EMCGADGETS64_100 folder.
- Double-click EMCGadgets64.msi to launch the installer and follow the instructions to install the Gadgets.
- After the installation is complete, open the Windows Sidebar and add the Gadget to the Sidebar again.