This tutorial has been written for CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite X7. While similar features might be available in previous releases, the tutorial will be fully applicable to CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 only.
This tutorial demonstrates how you can easily turn any photo into a pop art poster.
1. With a new document open, click File > Import. Select the photo you want to use, click Import, and click on the page to place the image.
2. Click Bitmaps > Mode > Black and White (1-bit).
3. In the Convert to 1 Bit dialog box, choose Line Art from the Conversion Method list box, and adjust the amount of black and white by moving the Threshold slider. To zoom out and preview a larger area of the image, right-click inside the left preview window. When you are satisfied with the result, click OK.
4. To change the white of the image, click a color on the color palette. To change the black in the image, right-click a color on the color palette.
5. Using the Pick tool, drag a corner selection handle to resize the image so that it takes up roughly 1/4 of the page.
6. Duplicate the image by pressing Ctrl + D. Create three duplicates.
7. Position the four images on the page, and select a different color for each to produce a stunning pop art result.