- The Roxio/Sonic Solutions PX Engine is what enables burning and compatibility of optical media such as CDs and DVDs.
- A PX Engine update ensures the greatest compatibility with the latest drives and media.
- Each release of the PX Engine is backwards compatible with all previous versions of Sonic software and most Roxio software.
Here is a list of compatible software titles:
- Easy Media Creator 7.5 and higher
- VideoWave 8 and higher
- MyDVD - all versions
- RecordNow - all versions
- DVD for Photostory
- DVDit - all versions
- BackUp MyPC - all versions
- Simple BackUp - all versions
Download: PX Engine 4.18.16a (updated 8.18.09)
To install the PX Engine update:
- Download the latest version here to your desktop.
- Unzip the file.
- Double click the .exe installer and follow the on screen instructions.
Note: The PX Engine installer may require a reboot after installation.