Sometimes the uninstaller can be come corrupted, the only way to fix this is to manually delete the Studio files from the system. Follow the steps below.
- Start by going to My Computer, then clicking on the C Drive. Follow this path: C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio Version. Delete the Studio folder.
- Download RegDelete.
- Run RegDelete for what Studio version you want to remove.
- Run RegDelete again "user registration and activation data".
Note: The path to the Studio folder may be different if you did a custom install.
Studio should be ready to reinstall. See this FAQ for help on installing Studio.
If this does not solve your problem or allow you to reinstall you may need to remove more of what Studio installs. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Follow the steps above at the beginning of the document.
- Once you have done that use the windows search tool and do a search for Studio. To find the windows search tool, go to Start, then Search. The search will bring up many files and folders. Most will have a path much like the one listed above. (C: \Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio 11)You are safe deleting anything in a Pinnacle\Studio Path. You will also see items in C: \Documents and Settings\~. If the files and folders have Pinnacle in the name they should be safe to delete.
- Your Projects are stored in you My Documents folder, in a sub folder called Pinnacle Studio. Do not delete this folder unless you want to remove you project files.
- When in doubt do NOT delete the files or folders.