In some rare cases the error: "Waiting for valid media to be loaded" might occur when attempting to burn a disc, even though a writable disc has been inserted. If this error occurs, the following procedures should be helpful:
1. INSTALL THE LATEST STUDIO PATCH
- If you have Studio version 14, there is no update at this time.
- If you have Studio version 12, download the latest version here.
- If you have Studio version 11, download the latest version here.
- If you have Studio version 10, download the latest version here .
2. RESTART STUDIO: Shut down Studio, then relaunch it. Try to create the DVD again.
3. RESTART THE COMPUTER:Restart the computer. Launch Studio and try to create the DVD again using the safe mode setting.
BLANK MEDIA IN THE DRIVE: Make sure that there is a blank, write-once media or rewriteable media in the DVD burner.
TYPE OF DVD: Make sure that your DVD burner supports the media you use. As for any problem with burning a DVD, we recommend customer use rewriteable media to reduce the number of wasted DVDs when they have to troubleshoot a failure while burning DVDs. In this case, if you have only used rewriteable media, (RW) we would also recommend trying to use a write once (-/+ R) DVD and erasing the RW media.
BRAND OF DVD:Pinnacle recommends using a name brand of DVD, i.e. Sony, Apple, Memorex, etc. Also we recommend trying a DVD from a differentmanufacturer to see if the problem is related to the brand of DVD that is being used.
NOTE: Check with the following site to find information on the media being used.
5. CHECK DISC SPEED: Make sure that the disc media speed (printed on the media or on the media box)is compatible with the DVD burner. Some burners may not work with media that has ahigher maximum supported burn speed. For example, if the burner being used supports 4x disc media, do not use 16x disc media.
6. INSERT MEDIA IN EDIT: Try inserting the disc media in Edit mode rather than in Make Movie. Insert the disc and wait until the burner LED is not blinking anymore, then go to Make Movie.
7. ERASE THE DISC: If the disc is a RW format disc, try to erase the disc with InstantDisc, or another program that has the functionality to erase disc media.
8. GET THE LATEST FIRMWARE:Ensure that the DVD burner being used has the latest firmware update from the burner manufacturer.