This article should answer the questions that you may have regarding upgrading to Pinnacle Studio 16.
Which previous Studio versions can Pinnacle Studio 16 upgrade from?
You can upgrade to Pinnacle Studio 16 if you are a registered user of Pinnacle Studio 9 or higher, Avid Studio, Liquid Edition v.6, or Avid Liquid 7.
Click here for the Pinnacle Studio product page
Top Reasons to Step Up to the New Pinnacle Studio
- Import, edit, and share video in stereoscopic 3D for display on devices like 3D HDTVs and Sony® PS3™, plus exclusive advanced NVIDIA® 3D Vision® viewing support
- The only PC editing solution with a companion mobile app—easily import projects from Pinnacle Studio for iPad1 and polish them with the Pinnacle Studio family on your PC
- Store projects and clips in the cloud to access anywhere, anytime—includes 50 GB2 of cloud access free from Box
- Share everywhere—publish to YouTube®, Facebook® and Vimeo® with one click, create DVDs and Blu-ray™3 discs, export to Xbox®, PS3™, Apple® TV and iPad®, and more
- Work faster than ever with optimized acceleration for 64-bit, NVIDIA® CUDA™ and Intel® Quick Sync Video
- Efficiently manage, correct and enhance videos, photos, and audio files in the powerful, integrated library—no additional applications required
- Edit your way—simple storyboarding, automatic movie making, or sophisticated timeline editing for picture-in-picture and multi-layer effects
- Use the trim editor to set source clip in/out points, then drag to the timeline for perfect frame-accurate cuts—just like the pros
- Create professional-looking movies with the thousands of themed effects, titles, transitions and templates—even Red Giant4 Filmmaker’s Toolkit and Motion Graphics Toolkit
- Numerous feature and operational improvements based on extensive user research—13 million+ customers can’t be wrong!
1Pinnacle Studio for iPad app not included
225 GB included, additional 25 GB with product registration
The green screen is only included in the physical full version
If I purchase Pinnacle Studio 16 should I uninstall my previous Studio version?
This is up to you. There is no requirement to uninstall an existing Pinnacle or Avid Studio version if you purchase Pinnacle Studio 16, but you can do so if you wish. Some users may prefer to keep both versions installed to finish up existing projects in the editor in which they were created.
Will projects from previous Studio versions import into Pinnacle Studio 16?
Yes, Avid Studio projects and projects from previous Studio versions 12 and up are tested and will import into Pinnacle Studio 16. Studio 10 and 11 projects are not tested, but technically they should import as well.
There may be projects from versions 10 and above that do not work. This may be because the project is complex or contains effects that are not supported in the current Studio version. For more complex projects, it is recommended that these be completed in the Studio version in which the project was created.
Another option is to output the project as an AVI or MPEG 2 file in the previous version of Studio and import that new file into Pinnacle Studio. You should pick the file format that is in alignment with your desired final destination. For example, if you want to eventually create a DVD, you should export an MPEG2 file.