If your print button appears grey after installing WordPerfect X7 Service Pack 2 when you have printable text in your active document , you will need to refresh WPO's Printer information.
To resolve the issue:
Note: It is important to remember that whenever a change to the registry is made, it is necessary to make a backup copy of the Windows
registry. For information on how to do this, please click here.
Once your registry is backed up:
1. Close WordPerfect Office X7 applications.
2. Reset your WordPerfect printer settings:
- Windows Vista and Windows 7: Go to Start > All Programs > Accessories. Click Run, type "regedit" in the Open Box and click OK.
- Windows 8: On the keyboard, press Windows key + R. Type "regedit" in the Open Box and click on OK.
- All other versions of Windows: Go to Start > Run. Type "regedit" in the Open Box and click on OK.
3. In Registry Editor navigate to "PrintEngine" it is located in:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Corel > PrintEngine
4. Right click on the PrintEngine folder > Rename. Rename the folder to "PrintEngineOld"
5. Your printer information will be refreshed on the next launch of WordPerfect X7