'Corel® Painter® X3
Top 10 Reasons to Upgrade
1. 'NEW! Universal Jitter – Want to introduce an element of chance to your work? Now you can with the Universal Jitter feature available only in Corel® Painter® X3. Jitter simulates those random elements and "happy accidents" that can occur when using real world media. With Painter you can add Jitter to any brush and adjust it for Opacity, Grain, Size, Feature and Angle. It's the perfect way to add an element of randomness and create more organic, natural-looking art.
2. 'NEW! Brush Search engine – Corel® Painter® X3 offers hundreds of unique brushes to choose from. Now, finding and selecting the perfect brush is easy thanks to a built-in Brush Search engine. Simply type the name or properties of the brush you have in mind and Painter will find it for you! Combine terms to narrow down your search, plus use the new built-in visual preview to ensure each brush is exactly what you're looking for.
3. 'NEW! Smart Brush settings – Now there's an even better way to edit your brushes. The Property Bar in Corel® Painter® X3 now includes an Advanced Brush Controls button. This launches a brush control panel which highlights only the panels where brush adjustments can be made. This new feature takes the guess work out of brushes, making them easier to work with and learn!
4. 'NEW! Perspective Guides – Accurately draw in a one-, two- or three-point perspective using the new Perspective Guides found in Corel® Painter® X3. Simply select your desired vanishing points and set your lines—your brush strokes will automatically snap to the grid while painting! You can also save presets, change the color of your guidelines and add additional guidelines. It's the perfect way to ensure realism and accuracy when working with perspectives!
5. 'ENHANCED! Cloning Crosshair – Achieve an incredible level of detail in your work using the enhanced cloning features of Corel® Painter® X3. A side-by-side workflow allows you to work with a new image while at the same time viewing the cloning crosshairs on a source image. You can also now lightly edit the source image and add various effects, while the new auto-embed feature automatically adds the clone source data to your file! Plus, save both the original and cloned image at the same time! With Painter X3, you can ensure you get exactly what you need, when you need it while working with cloned images.
6. 'ENHANCED! Stroke Preview – The enhanced Stroke Preview in Corel® Painter® X3 now offers a clearer view of brush strokes, showing exactly how they'll appear on your canvas. Using the preview window you'll get a clear visual representation of brush parameters, such as Mixing, Erasing, Blending and Jitter. The preview also adjusts in real-time as you experiment with various brush settings and paper textures, saving you time and effort. No more test canvases required!
7. 'ENHANCED! Transform across multiple layers – You asked for it and we've delivered! Corel® Painter® X3 now includes the ability to quickly select and transform multiple layers at one time. It's a time-saving enhancement that allows you to focus completely on your art and avoid the annoyance of having to cycle through numerous layers in a project.
8. 'NEW! Reference Image – Corel® Painter® X3 offers an amazing new way to find inspiration. Now you can open a reference image from directly within the Painter interface. Simply drop your reference image anywhere onscreen without disrupting your workflow, plus instantly sample reference colors. Ensure you always have the artistic inspiration you need, while avoiding the hassle of having to keep multiple reference files open on your desktop.
9. 'NEW! Mac Painter Memory Manager and PC Memory Optimization – Whether you're a Mac user or a PC user, Corel® Painter® X3 offers powerful optimization that lets you get the most out of your machine. Macs with 64-bit systems will automatically use all available memory when running Painter, while PCs with large amounts of RAM can utilize new software speed enhancements. It's the ideal way for both PC and Mac users to quickly and easily deal with large, memory-intensive tasks.
10. NEW! Wacom multi-touch and Motion Gesture support – Explore new creative possibilities with Corel® Painter® X3. New Wacom multi-touch support allows you to navigate through the Painter interface using simple finger taps on your Wacom tablet. Plus, coming soon in the Painter X3.1 Update, Painter® Freestyle™, a new motion gesture system powered by Leap Motion that lets you use finger movements and gestures to access commands and paint using nothing but your hands*! Go beyond the pen, with incredible new technology that truly offers a hands-on artistic experience!
*Requires Leap Motion Controller – sold separately