Certain Criteria needs to be met to allow proper installation of the Snapfire DVD Creator. This article outlines the steps needed to install and activate the Snapfire DVD Creator.
You will first need to have the Snapfire 1.1 update installed for the Snapfire DVD Creator to install and function properly.
There are three possibilities for obtaining the Snapfire Plus 1.1 update:
- The Snapfire Plus 1.1 update may get installed automatically if you download and install the Snapfire DVD Creator through the Snapfire Message Center.
- Go to Help | Check for Updates in Snapfire Plus to download and install the Snapfire Plus 1.1 update.
- Go to our updates page on Corel.com
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1157481830155?pid=1161281452980download and install the Snapfire Plus 1.1 update.
*You can go to Help | About to make sure the 1.1 version is installed properly.
Downloading and Installing the Snapfire DVD Creator:
The Snapfire DVD Creator is available through the Message Center in the Snapfire Plus program. There are two options available, Download your free Snapfire DVD Creator trial now or Buy the Snapfire DVD Creator. Choose the appropriate selection and follow the prompts to install the Snapfire DVD Creator.
Purchasing the Snapfire Plus DVD Creator:
Follow the web site pages to purchase the Snapfire DVD Creator. It should be automatically activated. If it is not, you will be sent an order confirmation email with the serial key. Follow the instructions under Activating the Snapfire Plus DVD Creator from the trial version to activate.
Activating the Snapfire Plus DVD Creator from the trial version:
- Open Snapfire and click on Burn Shows to DVD.
- You will get a dialog with options for Continue Trial, Enter Key, or Buy Now:
- Continue Trial - Click on this option to continue using the Snapfire DVD Creator as a trial version.
- Enter Key - Click on this option if you already have a Serial/Key to activate the Snapfire DVD Creator.
Enter your serial key and click connect. If you have problems activating, see the section below titled Activate Offline.
- Buy Now -Click on this option if you want to purchase a key to unlock Snapfire DVD Creator
Follow the prompts to purchase and activate the Snapfire Plus DVD Creator.
Click on Connect. The Snapfire DVD Creator should automatically be activated in a few seconds.
You will get a confirmation asking if you would like to Save or Print your activation information. Choose your desired option.
- If you get any errors or have problems activating the product online, follow the instructions below:
- Disconnect the computer from the internet (with dial up accounts, just disconnect the dial up connection. With broadband accounts, disable the network connection option by doing the following:
a. Go to Start | Control Panel.
b. Double click on Network connections (if In Category view, click on Network and Internet Connections, and then on Network connections on the following screen).
c. Right click on the Local Area Connection icon and choose Disable.
If you have any problems with the above procedure, an alternate option is to physically disconnect the Network Interface Cable from either the back of the computer or the HUB that it is connected to. The Network Interface Cable normally looks like a large telephone cable.
- Click on Burn Shows to DVD again
- Click the Enter Key or Buy Now button.
- Click on Phone Corel.
- You will be offered an Installation Code and your Key with a blank Activation Code field.
- Contact Customer Service by phone by clicking the Customer Service button or contact Customer Service through the Corel.com website from this link http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Content/1152796558159
- Provide Customer Service with the Installation Code and Key and you will be provided with an Activation Code that can be used to unlock your Snapfire.