Printing a .cdr file or exporting to PDF creates the following error message:
The externally linked bitmap file cannot be found. The bitmap will not be updated.
Additional error message:
Windows Event Viewer log:
Faulting application name: CorelDrw.exe, version: 184.108.40.2061, time stamp: 0x5323ccc5
Faulting module name: CrlFrmWk.dll, version: 220.127.116.111, time stamp: 0x5323ce13
This error will occur because an image file that has been imported or linked into a CorelDRAW document has been moved from the original source. This will also happen if the original file has been renamed or changed in some manner. Here are the steps to resolve this issue:
- Open the Links and Bookmarks Docker (Click Window ▸Dockers ▸Links and Bookmarks)
- In the file list, a red X will be displayed to the left of the file (*see example below)
- Select the file to enable the browse box (will be indicated by 3 dots to the right of the file name)
- Click the Browse box (3 dots) to open Windows Explorer
- Locate the original file hidden in Windows
- Select the file and click the Import button
The file will now show as being linked in the Links and Bookmarks Docker which will resolve the error message when trying to export a .cdr file to either a printer or to PDF.