How To Update WinDVD
You will need to download and install the update for WinDVD SE:
- Click Here to be directed to HP's update page for WinDVD
- Save the update to your desktop
- Once the file is downloaded launch the update by double clicking on the file, ***If you are using Vista you will need to right click on the icon and then select Run As Administrator***
- Follow the Install Wizard instructions and then click on the Finish button once the setup is complete.
If you receive an error during the install of the update:
“This upgrade patch can’t apply to your version of WinDVD. Setup will now abort...”
This means that you are already up to date or you have a different version of WinDVD installed.
How to check your version number:
- Launch WinDVD SE
- Right Click on the WinDVD SE screen, you should then see a drop down menu appear.
- Select “Setup”
- Click on the “Information” Tab, and on this screen you will be able to see the version number.
WinDVD hangs during the AACS key update
Please follow the steps below:
- Clear cookies and internet temporary files in Internet Explorer 8, Click Here for help clearing your Internet Explorer 8 cookies and Internet temporary files
- Turn off UAC ("Control Panel -> User Accounts -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account Control on or off")
- Reboot machine
- Play BD again and then start the operations of updating AACS key.
- Turn on UAC
- Reboot Machine
Windows XP/Vista and Windows 7
If you receive an "R" followed by a number error message, please contact Corel's Customer Service in your country.