Sony WinDVD SE Troubleshooting
How To Update WinDVD
If you are unable to update the AACS key,The first thing you will need to do is make sure you have installed the latest update for WinDVD.
- You will first need to download the WinDVD update from Sony's support site, Click Here to be directed to Sony's Support site.
- Save the update to your Desktop
- Once the file is downloaded launch the update by double clicking on the file, ***If you are using Vista you will need to right click on the icon and then select Run As Administrator***
- Follow the Install Wizard instructions and then click on the Finish button once the setupis complete.
If you receive an error during the install of the update:
"This upgrade patch cant apply to your version of WinDVD. Setup will now abort..."
This means that you are already up to date or you have a different version of WinDVD installed.
How to check your version number:
- Launch WinDVD SE
- Right Click on the WinDVD SE screen, you should then see a drop down menu appear.
- Select Setup
- Click on the Information Tab, and on this screen you will be able to see the version number.
WinDVD hangs during the AACS key update
Please follow the steps below
Windows Vista/Windows 7
1. Clear cookies and internet temporary files in Internet Explorer 8, Click Here for help clearing your Internet Explorer 8 cookies and Internet temporary files
2. Turn off UAC
Windows Vista:"Control Panel -> User Accounts -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account Control on or off"
Windows 7:"Control Panel -> User Accounts -> UAC Setting -> Select the lowest UAC notification"
3. Reboot machine
4. Play BD again and then start the operations of updating AACS key.
5. Turn on UAC
6. Reboot Machine
If you receive an "R" followed by a number error message, please contact Corel's Customer Service.