This document will show you how to install all versions of 12 on both Vista and XP. The screen shots used in the document came from an Xp install. The screens on a Vista install will look slightly different, but the content will be the same.
1. The install starts with this window when the DVD auto runs. You may have to authorize the Auto run on Vista system. This window allows you to install all the content on the Studio DVD. For this FAQ you will need to hit the blue Studio 12 entry at at the top of the install list.
2. Select the language you want to use and hit ok. You will now see a window with a progress bar.
3. You will now be asked to enter your personal info and the product serial number and register the software. Please do so, the install will continue when done.
4. When done with the registration windows the installer will continue. Hit next.
5. Please review the End User License Agreement and hit Next.
6. This window allows you to chose the location you will install Studio to, and the location the content will go. We recommend leaving it at its defaults. Hit next when ready.
7. This window will allow you to select what users to install Studio 12 for. Hit Next when ready.
8. This window lets you select whether or not you want an icon for Studio on the quick launch bar and Desktop. Hit next when ready.
9. This window is the final window of the installation options; you can go back and change the install options or hit Install to start the install.
10. This window will show you the progress of the install.
11. This window will pop up asking you if you want to install the Pinnacle Video driver. If you select yes you will see a progress bar for the install.
12. This is the final window of the install. Check the box if you would like to review the readme file. Hit finish and you're done.