If the computer is allowed to get into hibernate or standby in Windows Vista when previewing with a 500/700 PCI capture card, it is possible that Studio may hang/crash or a blue preview screen may be displayed. If this occurs, the solution is to disable standby and hibernate manually in the Vista power options. Here is how to do this:
- Right-click in the desktop and select Personalize
- Click Screen Saver
- This opens Screen Saver Settings. At the bottom of this window select Power Management.
- Click Change Power Settings.
- Select Change when the computer sleeps
- Change Turn off display and Put the computer to sleep to Never or to a duration longer than you need to capture.