The following steps will completely remove any Roxio and Sonic software from your computer.
- Disable your startup applications using MSCONFIG. This will disable any unnecessary background or system tray applications from loading.
- Go to the Start menu and type "msconfig" in the Search programs and files field and press the "Enter" key.
- In the System Configuration window, select the Startup tab.
- Click the Disable All button.
- Then go to the Services tab.
- Uncheck Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 12,RoxioDB12, and Roxio SAIB Service, andCinemaNow Service.
- Click the Apply button, then click the OK button.
- Click the Restart button.
To reverse this at the end of installation, go back into MSCONFIG and select Enable All and restart (that can be done once installation is complete).
Note: Some anti-virus/spyware programs may not be disabled using the steps listed above. You may need to check with your anti-virus/spyware vendor on how to temporarily disable them.
2. Remove Creator 2010 through the Programs Control Panel.
- Go to Start -> Control Panel
- Under Programs, click Uninstall a program
- Click Roxio Creator 2010, then click Uninstallabove theName column. Once this has been removed, you may choose to remove CinemaNow Media Manager, Roxio PhotoShow, and SmartSound Quicktracks Plugin, but it is not essential.
3. For the step below you will need to show hidden files. This can be done by clicking Start -> My Computer then go up and click on Organize -> Folder and Search Options. Click on the View tab. Make sure show hidden foldersis selected and click Apply.
- Delete these folders from your hard drive. Not all folders may be present.
NOTE: When trying this step you may receive a message that a "file is in use". Simply drag that file to your desktop and it can be removed after restarting the computer. Also note that "Username" referred to below is the name you use when logging into Windows Vista.
Note: If you have never installed Roxio software prior to Creator 2010, you may not see some items to remove in this step.
C:\Program Files\Roxio Creator 2010 (may include "Special Edition" or "Ultimate")
C:\Program Files(x86)\Roxio - (x64 bit systems only)
C:\Program Files(x86)\Roxio Creator 2010 (..) - x64
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared
C:\\Program Files\Common Files\PX Storage Engine
C:\Users\Username\App Data\Local\ Sonic_Solutions
C:\Users\Username\App Data\Roaming\Sonic Solutions
C:\Users\Username\App Data\Roaming\Roxio Log Files
C:\Users\Username\App Data\Local\Roxio (x86/x64)
Empty the recycle bin once the steps above are completed.
- Clean your registry.
WARNING: THE NEXT STEP INVOLVES EDITING YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY EDITING. EDITING YOUR REGISTRY INCORRECTLY CAN CAUSE IRREPARABLE SYSTEM DAMAGE.
A. To export a copy of your registry, please do the following
- Click on Start --> Type "regedit" in the Search field and press Enter on your keyboard.
- Locate and left click File in the upper left hand corner of the Registry editor.
- Click Export (Export range "All" should be selected).
- Choose a location on your hard drive and give the file a name.
- Click Save. Your registry should now be backed up in a .reg file to the location you specified
B. Download and unzip [[../softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/updaters/emc/c2010/Clean_2010.zip|this file]] and double click the contents. It will safely clean out your registry of Roxio entries needed to solve this issue.
- Restart the computer then reinstall Creator.